Monday, March 3, 2014

Recalling my Halloween Experience



Haunted House
My boyfriend and I decided to go to a popular haunted house for Halloween. This place was supposed to be huge. The tickets weren't cheap and it was an hour away from where we lived. When we arrived the line was an hour wait, but because we spent the extra ten dollars for a fast pass we only waited five minutes.  The music was blaring heavy metal mixed with recorded screams of terror. The walls seemed to tower over us with gigantic scary clowns.
It was very dark going through the haunted house. To keep from getting lost, we would sweep our hands against the wall, cautiously going around a corner in fear of being spooked. Hearing people scream ahead of us seemed to take away the fear of getting splinters from the wood walls. The house had many different obstacles. At one point we had to crawl on our hands and knees through a tunnel. That was my least favorite part because as soon as I bent down I could smell sweaty socks and body odor. 
However, my favorite part was the neon tunnel. It was a huge tunnel splattered with different neon colors. The whole tunnel rotated as we walked over a bridge that did not move and was pinned straight the tunnel. This played a trick on our bodies, our bodies thought they should be folding or falling because of the visual effect of the tunnel. Several times my knees almost buckled which made me laugh because my feet were grounded, there was no movement under them.
Next was the fog maze. This was not a pleasant place for people with asthma. The fog was thick, seeing what was in front of me was nearly impossible. I stuck to the walls hoping to find an exit out, but to my dismay, my foot found a puddle of water instead.
Finally we made it out. The grand finale was a long black alley of pressed wood with tubes hanging over like shower heads. As we walked through, the tubes started spraying bubbles. At first it was cute until we found ourselves drowning in foam. We started karate chopping the bubbles to breathe and find our way out. By the time we got out, our clothes were drenched. Wearing wet clothes at night at the end of October was not a cozy feeling. Freezing to death, we decided to go home. All in all, with the sweaty sock smell, the claustrophobic fog, and the soaked clothes, I would definitely do it again. Money well spent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment